In this section specific publications produced by the project and other relevant documents are offered. Registered members can also have access to the following documents:
- EUMEDGRID-Support Final Booklet (Document, Author, EUMEDGRID-Support, January 2012)
The document offers an overall overview of all the activities performed by EUMEDGRID-Support durign the 2 years of the projects and the main achievements.
- EUMEDGRID-Support Partners' Declarations, December 2011, Amman, Jordan (Document, Author, EUMEDGRID-Support, December 2011)
The document includes the declarations that the EUMEDGRID-Support partners signed in Amman during the e-AGE 2011 conference. The declaration ensures that each partner is committed to support the EUMEDGRID infrastructure in the upcoming months.
- e-Age Proceedings (Report, Author, ASREN in collaboration with EUMEDGRID-Support, January 2012)
- EUMED4 & eAge2011, 12-14 December 2011, Amman, Jordan - Executive Summary & Report (Report, Author, EUMEDGRID-Support, December 2011)
e-AGE 2011 conference entitled “Integrating Arab e-Infrastructure in a Global Environment” was held in Amman, Jordan, on 10-12 December 2011. It brought together over 200 participants ranging from ministers and high-ranking government and EC officials to e-Infrastructure experts and researchers across the Arab world, the EU, US and the rest of the globe. It presented the status and future opportunities to develop and sustain a Pan-Arab e-Infrastructure bringing together important stakeholders including the Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN), the EUMEDGrid- Support and EUMEDCONNECT3 EU projects, and the EU and US Research and Education Networks GEANT and Internet2.
- EUMEDGRID-Support User Forum, 22-23 September 2011, Lyon, France - Executive Summary (Report, Author, EUMEDGRID-Support, November 2011)
EUMEDGRID-Support User Forum, 22-23 September 2011, co-located with the EGI Technical Forum in Lyon, brought together around 40 experts, developers and users belonging to the field of grid computing for an intense 1 day dialogue focused on the scientific and technical results achieved by the EUMEDGRID-Support project both in terms of different applications currently running on the EUMEDGRID infrastructure with special emphasis on real use cases and of future sustainability after the end of the project.
- Second Release of the Grid User Survey Report (Report, Author, EUMEDGRID-Support, August 2011)
On March 4th 2011, the Grid User Survey was reopened, after a first edition, so as to continue gathering responses and users' requirements and contact information to expand grid technology, analyse an ever-increasing sample of data and describe as best as possible who the current grid commuities are, their needs and how the EUMEDGRID-Support project can support and provide added-value to them. The second release of the Grid User Survey Report includes the analysis of 232 answers received in total from February-July 2011. This analysis confirms the main results and trends that came out from the first release. This new version of the report also includes a series of actions already performed/planned by the EUMEDGRID-Support project to concretely answer to the grid users' needs.
- Empowering Research & Education across the Mediterranean: the Role of eInfrastructures (Booklet, Author: EUMEDGRID-Support with the support of external contributors, June 2011)
This booklet, written by the EUMEDGRID-Support project in collaboration with several initiatives, including EUMEDCONNECT2, MIRA, CHAIN, SESAME, LinkSCEEM2, and a very important new one: ASREN, the Arab States Research and Education Network, comes three years after the first edition, and its main purpose is to provide an overview of the progress made and of the lessons learnt in these last few years, within European projects and experiences of regional scope, as well as the open issues. The document highlights the importance to take this progress further and propose a roadmap for future initiatives and actions.
- Conference on the Role of e-Infrastructures for Climate Change Executive Summary (Report, Author: EUMEDGRID-Support, June 2011)
The document gives an in-depth description of the event held in Trieste at the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) 16-20 May 2011. The report includes information on participants, on the main topics of the event, and on insights from the experts.
- First Grid User Survey Report (Report, Author, EUMEDGRID-Support, April 2011)
The Grid User Survey was launched in February 2011 within the framework of the EUMEDGRIDSupport project. The survey targeted Mediterranean, African and Middle East countries and aimed to 1) Explore acquaintance with the grid concept 2) Explore experience of site administrators and users from different (research) communities 3) Enlarge the existing User Grid community by adding respondents’ contact details to the existing database and further liaising with them 4) Identify potential new grid users, their needs and help respond to them and 5) Use respondents’ feedback to feed-in the delivered grid trainings with the aim for ongoing improvement. The report includes the analysis of the over 150 answers collected.
- EUMED-3 Event Post-event Report (Report, Author: EUMEDGRID-Support, 2010)
EU-MED Event 3 was the 1st EUMEDGRID-Support high-policy event co-organised with EUMEDCONNECT2 and GÉANT, held in Brussels, Belgium 30-31 March 2010. This report summarises the event attended by more than 90 participants, provides an overview of key topics covered, highlights the announcement of the Arab States Research and Education Network and offers the professional profile and presentation abstracts of the high-profile speakers and full delegate list.
- Guidelines for new Certification Authorities (Document, Author: EUMEDGRID-Support, 2010)
This guideline is prepared for EUMED countries, large regions or international organizations for accreditation of their Certificate Authority. The definitions and information are gathered together from the documents of EUGRIDPMA and CAOPS WG.
- Recommendations Report from the sharing Knowledge Conference (6) (Report, Author: Sharing Knowledge Foundation, June 2011) (English) (French)
This document summarises all the reccomendations coming from the Sharing Knowledge Conference (6) held in malta on the 5-8 May 2011.
- ASREN Summary Report (Report, Author: ASREN, 2011)
This document includes all the information related to ASREN the Arab States Research and Education Network.
- The Case for Research and Education Networking (Link, Author: EUMEDCONNECT2, 2011)
This article has been written in response to requests from people from developing countries, for more marketing material about the uses and benefits of research networks, to help address questions raised by key stakeholders. The question of what research and education (R&E) networks are and how they work is often raised. There is particular interest in understanding the benefits that research and education networking brings to its users, its funders and to individual institutions. A panel of DANTE people got together to shed some light on these important questions.
The artcle focus on what research and education networks are, who uses them, the key uses and benefits of R&E networking.
- Summary of the Proceedings of the ASREN Launch Meeting (Document, Author: ASREN, 2010)
The document describes the ASREN (Arab States Research and Education Network) Launch Meeting held in Cairo on 8-9 December 2010. The report includes the description of the objectives and achievements of the event, the highlights from the Opening Cerimony and the most important insights from the event. One section of the report is also dedicated to the description of the topics related to the session "Applications and Achievement enabled by Research Networks" chaired by Federico Ruggieri, INFN, Italy, EUMEDGRID-Support Project Coordinator.
- e-Infrastructures across Europe and India (Booklet, Author: EU-IndiaGrid2 project, 2010)
This booklet aims at providing an updated picture of the e-Infrastructures scenario and to provide a roadmap for sustainable collaboration on e-Infrastructures between Europe and India.
- e-Infrastructures across the Mediterranean (Booklet, Author: EUMEDGRID project, 2008)
This booklet was written thanks to the contribution of EUMEDCONNECT and EUMEDGRID projects and the Development Activity of GÉANT2. It addresses European and Mediterranean decision makers in the ICT and Research domain (politicians, civil servants, Directors of large research organizations and facilities, senior ICT consultants to Ministers in the Euro-Mediterranean area, as well as relevant International organization and agencies and Private Companies) with the single aim of drawing their attention on the status and perspectives of e-Infrastructures in the Mediterranean.
As part of the project responsibilties, specific reports are produced and submitted to the European Commission. Registered members can download the public deliverables at the following links:
- EUMEDGRID-Support Web Portal:
- Final Release - December 2011: The overall description o0f all the functionalities implemented during the project life-time.
- First Release - June 2010: A short description of the main functionalities of the EUMEDGRID-Support website.
- Communication Strategy & Dissemination Plan The document describes the objectives of the dissemination activities in EUMEDGRID-Support, presenting the overall project communication strategy, explaining the various tools and techniques deployed to faciliate and monitor dissemination and introducing activities that have been performed.
- Final Release - December 2011
- Third Release - June 2011
- Second Release - December 2010
- First Release - July 2010
- Results reports on requirements & challenges on the first workshop - EU-MED Event 3 - July 2010: EU-MED Event 3 was the 1st EUMEDGRID-Support high-policy event co-organised with EUMEDCONNECT2 and GÉANT, held in Brussels, Belgium 30-31 March 2010. The event brought together over 90 participants ranging from ministers and high ranking government officials to experts in e-Infrastructures from across Europe and the southern Mediterranean rim. This report provides an overview of key topics covered, highlights the announcement of the Arab States Research and Education Network and offers the professional profile and presentation abstracts of the high-profile speakers and full delegate list.
- Results reports on e-AGE2011 (EU-MEd event 4) - December 2011: The e-AGE 2011 was the 2nd major high-policy event co-organised by the Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN), EUMEDGrid-Support, EUMEDCONNECT, and Internet2. The e-AGE conference entitled “Integrating Arab e-Infrastructure in a Global Environment” was held in Amman, Jordan 12-14 December 2011. The event brought together over 200 participants ranging from ministers and high ranking government officials to experts in e-Infrastructures from across Europe and the Arab world. e-AGE 2011 integrated the EU MED event 4 (main event), the Internet2 SIG Middle East meeting and the ASREN 1st Annual Meeting. This report summarises the event, provides an overview of key topics covered, highlights the commencement of EUMEDCONNECT3 as well as the expansion of the Arab States Research and Education Network to new Arab countries, offers the professional profile and presentation abstracts of the high-profile speakers and the full delegate list.
- Sustainability plan for a two tiers competence centre in the Mediterranean
- Statistical Database analysis of new communities In its efforts to create the conditions for the emergence of e-infrastructures in Mediterranean countries, EUMEDGRID-Support needs to identify the key research groups that will be the pioneers for grid adoption and provide success stories in their scientific disciplines that will be a source of inspiration for their colleagues.
- State of the art of e-Infrastructures in the Mediterranean region - December 2010: This deliverable provides an overview on the status of e-Infrastructures in the Mediterranean region, with a particular emphasis on Grid Computing and the underlying network layer. It describes the achievements of the EUMEDGRID-Support project with respect to the deployment of its infrastructure, serving the Mediterranean countries, and the support provided to the formation of new Certification Authorities, for the benefit of the Mediterranean national grid initiatives. Beyond the project itself, it shortly sketches the overall scenario around e-Infrastructures in the Mediterranean, mentioning the most important project and initiatives in the area, the main focus of the document being however the stand of national research and education networks and national grid initiatives in the project’s partner countries.
- EUMEDGRID-Support Booklet for stakeholders and policy makers - May 2011: This document describes the overall structure, content and graphical layout of the EUMEDGRID-Support booklet for stakeholders and policy makers, aiming at reporting about the relevant e-Infrastructural experiences in the Mediterranean Region, including the network layer, Grid and High Performance Computing. The booklet gives a global outlook on the current status of e-Infrastructures in this region as provided by the Virtual Research Communities and Applications in several domains. It also provides insights and views about e-Infrastructures in the Mediterranean by selected authors. This document also sketches a future roadmap with respect to the progressive deployment and exploitation of e-Infrastructures.
- Proposed Regional & National organisational models for sustainability - December 2011: This document provides the description of the strategy designed by the EUMEDGRIDSupport project to ensure sustainability for e-Infrastructures both at the national and the regional level, thanks to the direct, hands on experience acquired by the project durting its two years lifetime. EUMEDGRID-Support has had the unique opportunity to work together with Mediterranean and Arab partners to build an e-Infrastructure aimed at supporting e-Science in the Region and at fostering e-Science by enrolling new users and enabling their researches. Human and scientific experiences, regional and local insight and perspectives, and know-how from the two sides of the Mediterranean have been integrated and made synergistic in the identification of the key elements to ensure sustainability for e-Infrastructure and e-Science.
- Report for stakeholders & policy makers on the impact of the EUMEDGRID-Support Project - December 2011.
Documents and slides presented at events