- HealthGrid 2011
- 27.06.2011 - 28.06.2011 09.00 h - 18.00 h
- University of the West of England - Frenchay Campu - Bristol
The Ninth HealthGrid conference will take place in Bristol at the Frenchay Campus of the University of the West of England (UK) on Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th June 2011.
Every year, this conference offers the opportunity to share ideas and discuss the state of the art for the integration of grid and cloud practices and e-infrastructures into the fields of biology, bioinformatics, biomedicine and healthcare, focusing on different aspects of middleware, technologies, applications and deployment issues. The conference programme will include high profile keynote presentations complemented by a set of refereed papers selected from submitted work. Out of the selected papers, those ranked highest will be invited for oral presentation and the others for poster presentation. Typically 35% of submissions are accepted for oral presentation.
Some are also invited to be presented as posters. Authors may choose to submit only a poster.
Call for papers and posters
Submissions to the conference should be made as full research papers (up to 5,000 words in length and maximum 10 pages for a full paper). Selection for oral or poster presentation will be based on the content of the submitted papers, the originality of their contribution, technical quality, style and clarity of presentation, and importance to the field. Oral presentations and posters may include demonstrations.
All papers must be submitted electronically using the procedure described on the conference website. Papers are invited in, but not limited to, the following areas and topics.
- Challenges to increasing the accessibility and adoption of grids by biomedical users. Scientific gateways. Workflow engines. Grid portals. Grid platforms.
- Core technologies Grid computing infrastructures, middleware and tools. Grid technology versus web applications. Cloud infrastructures: advances and evaluation of virtualization technologies.
- Security and data protection Data privacy and confidentiality in distributed medical information systems; security implications and challenges. Medical data and metadata management.
- Knowledge integration and knowledge management Semantic techniques and the challenge of integrating heterogeneous biomedical data. Visualization in grids.
- Applications and application design Bioinformatics. Biomedical informatics. Medical imaging. Public health informatics. Genomics. Epidemiological studies. Drug discovery, clinical tests. Virtual Physiological Human. Service and/or algorithm design; new models of high performance computing; workflow management; data management, mining and visualization.
- Socio-economic aspects Sustainability and market strategies for grids and clouds. Virtual organizations and their sociology. Integration of healthgrid and cloud applications into clinical practice.
Deadline submissions (papers & posters) April 20
Notification May 16
Camera ready May 30
Registration opens March 18
Early bird registration ends May 25 **AUTHORS MUST BE REGISTERED BY NOW**
Normal registration rate ends June 15
Late registration rate begins June 16
- University of the West of England - Frenchay Campu - Website
- Coldharbour Lane
- BS16 1QY
- United Kingdom
EventList powered by schlu.net