04 February 2011
EUMEDGRID-Support project participated in the process of building the ASREN - Arab States Research and Education Network - organisation in conjunction with EUMEDCONNECT2 and GEANT2.
Speakers and session chairs of the 3rd EU-MED event in Brussels, 30 March 2010
ASREN and EUMIDGRID-Support:
Through collaboration with EUMEDGRID Support, ASREN will benefit from grid experiences in Europe, in the Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries, and would help to:
- Promote harmonization of policies and standards in relevant areas at regional level.
- Promote the adoption and usage of e-Infrastructures and services among the scientific community.
- Strengthen regional partnerships and encouraging joint scientific research at all levels
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and transfer processes across the region and with relevant partners in Europe and worldwide
- Advocate at the regional level amongst decision makers and stakeholders, and draw attention to high level politicians and decision makers on the importance of the e-Infrastructures to develop the research and education communities in the Arab world and beyond.
Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN) is the association of the Arab region National Research and Education Networks (NRENs) and strategic partners, that aim to implement, manage and extend sustainable Pan-Arab e-Infrastructures dedicated for the Research and Education communities and to boost scientific research and cooperation in member countries through the provision of world-class e-Infrastructures and E-services.